ConnectionMode.Direct on 2.5.0 driver version in c# not working

Pablo Pinargote

Mar 14, 2018, 12:22:36 AM3/14/18
to mongodb-user
Hi, I was trying to update my driver version from 2.4.4 to 2.5.0, in my use case I need to connect to a hidden node in a replicaset, so I need to set the ConnectionMode to Direct like this:

var client = new MongoClient( new MongoClientSettings { ConnectionMode = ConnectionMode.Direct, Server = new MongoServerAddress("x.x.x.x", 27017) });

At version 2.4.4 everything works just fine, but on version 2.5.0, I receive a Timeout Error. Can someone help me to understand the problem? Does the connection mode Direct still work, it is being deprecated or something like that?

Thanks in advance.

Wan Bachtiar

Apr 18, 2018, 9:28:34 PM4/18/18
to mongodb-user

Does the connection mode Direct still work, it is being deprecated or something like that?

Hi Pablo,

No, it should still work.
It was a bug, and now has been fixed in version 2.5.1

Regards,
Wan.