AWS deployment best practices

Alex Rogachevsky

Aug 26, 2015, 10:34:00 PM8/26/15
to mongodb-user
I use Ubuntu if that matters. I install Mongo like I would on any Linux server, make sure to open certain ports through security groups, etc. Are there any best practices or perhaps specific EC2 support for Mongo I can leverage? AFAIK Amazon doesn't provide RDS-like managed Mongo instances.

Chris De Bruyne

Aug 27, 2015, 2:41:32 AM8/27/15
to mongodb-user

Alex Rogachevsky

Aug 27, 2015, 10:45:43 PM8/27/15
to mongodb-user
Thanks Chris. I came across that guide earlier. I was hoping for some third-party hosting solution similar to RDS with built-in sharding, etc. No miracles.

Chris De Bruyne

Aug 29, 2015, 4:46:08 AM8/29/15
to mongodb-user
I'm not familiar with RDS but is mongos Cloud Manager or Ops Manager a solution?
Or maybe I'm not understanding your question completely.

Regards
Chris