Specify volume for Indexes in wiredtiger. YAML property es true-false only.

Juan Felipe Machado

Apr 21, 2015, 3:58:03 PM4/21/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone.
Does anybody know how to specify the volume for wiredtiger to store the indexes.
Is clear for me that with storage.wiredTiger.engineConfig.directoryForIndexes in the YAML config you can establish that wiredTiger must store the indexes in a different directory, but this is a bool property... (true or false)
Where do you set the actual directory for the indexes? (in my case I want a different VOLUME for collections and indexes, which is said to be one of the great features of wiredTiger, the fact that you can separate indexes and collections on different HDD for extra performance).

Thanks in advance.

Asya Kamsky

Apr 24, 2015, 4:32:45 PM4/24/15
to mongodb-user
You would need to specify the flag to be true and then (when mongod was *down*) to move the dbpath indexes directory to the other volume and to create a sym link to it from its original location.

I think we need to enhance the docs around that.

Asya

MongoDB World is back! June 1-2 in NYC. Use code ASYA for 25% off!