concurrent reads

Himanshu Jain

Feb 27, 2015, 12:11:33 AM2/27/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using node.js mongodb driver and aware of default value of poolSize (5) and facing issues in concurrent reads.

Here is my scenario:

I have a simple dashboard which has around 10 widgets. So, when someone opens this dashboard mongodb gets 10 concurrent read requests.

This dashboard is date based, so if I open this dashboard for date whose data is not cached in MongoDB, it takes 10-15 seconds and then widgets load

Problem is when multiple users loads this dashboard (say 5 users)

User A opens this for a date whose data is not cached (at this time mongodb is serving 5 requests and will take 10-15 secs)

Same time, User B opens this dashboard, his requests are also in pending state because of User A's requests

I tried increasing poolSize but still no impact.

Thanks,
Himanshu