mongodb bulk upsert with long pauses

Gerold Böhler

May 3, 2016, 9:42:19 AM5/3/16
to mongodb-user
Hi all,

so i have a script that bulk upserts batches of 1000's into a sharded cluster, as well as in a replica set. In the beginning, everything worked fine but after a while, the script kept pausing for seconds, now minutes and even hours, before it continues to run.

I have monitored the db servers and the cpu seems to be busy, but theres no i/o during the pauses. My guess is that its creating indexes so i tried monitoring the index creation process but with no luck.

So i am kind of stuck and don't know where to look next, any hint is greatly appreciated!

Gerold