Please help me to install MongoDb C++ driver.

Er. Ankit Garg

Jul 27, 2017, 2:25:56 PM7/27/17
to mongodb-dev
Hi,
 I am using visual studio 2010 on Windows 7 64 bit.
Please help me to setup C++ drivers for MongoDb.
Like C# only we have to add reference of MongoDB.Driver.dll, similar we have some solution for C++???

Andrew Morrow

Jul 28, 2017, 7:04:36 AM7/28/17
to mongodb-dev

If you cannot use Visual Studio 2015 or newer, then you cannot use the new mongocxx driver. That leaves you with two options:

- You can use the legacy c++ driver. I strongly recommend reading the installation instructions. Note that this driver is no longer receiving new features - critical bug fixes only.
- You can use the C driver, which you can call directly from C++. The C driver is fully supported and maintained and will continue to receive new features.

Both of these are source level distributions, so you will need to obtain the sources and build them yourself. That will give you a DLL and header files that you can build your application against.

That said, I would seriously consider upgrading your compiler to at least VS 2015 so you can use mongocxx. It is built above the C driver but provides an idiomatic modern C++ API.

Thanks,
Andrew