scons install problem on windows 7 64 bit dev machine

TJ Yang

Dec 12, 2010, 9:42:25 PM12/12/10
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, All

I want to configure a mongodb dev environment on Win7 64 machine, but
in step 2 of Install SCons in R1.
The SCons windows installer can't find the python 2.6 installation in registry.

Any one was able to configure SCons on win7 64 machine ?

R1: http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Building+with+Visual+Studio+2010#BuildingwithVisualStudio2010-InstallSCons

--
T.J. Yang

Justin Dearing

Dec 12, 2010, 9:51:49 PM12/12/10
to mongodb-dev
TJ,

Are you using the 32 bit version of Python? Generally that will give you the easier time. I think the scons installer looks for the 32 bit version and not the 64 bit version. The mongo scons file was my first exposure to python so I did not attempt to go upstream to the scons people to complain about it.

Justin

TJ Yang

Dec 12, 2010, 10:51:35 PM12/12/10
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Justin Dearing <zipp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> TJ,
> Are you using the 32 bit version of Python? Generally that will give you the
> easier time. I think the scons installer looks for the 32 bit version and
> not the 64 bit version. The mongo scons file was my first exposure to python
> so I did not attempt to go upstream to the scons people to complain about
> it.

Justin, Thanks.
I did use 64 bit version of python on my win7 64 machine, after
switching to 32 bit version of python, scons install is now fine.

tj

--
T.J. Yang

Venkata Srinivas