mongoDB setup hung in middle

Priti Badami

Jun 16, 2016, 4:32:23 PM6/16/16
to mongodb-dev
Hi,

I am trying to install MongoDB. I started process and process got stuck "waiting for connection". i stopped and restarted my computer but when double clicked on .exe file, i came up with same screen.

I have attached a screenshot with this email.

Please advice,
Priti Badami
mongodb_Screenshot.docx

Alex Komyagin

Jun 16, 2016, 4:42:02 PM6/16/16
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Priti,

This is normal. You just started a local mongod (note the "d" in the end), which is the server process. The message "waiting for connection" just means that it's ready to serve you. Now, without closing that window (or you will stop the server), open a new shell and start mongo (without the "d"), which is a client process, and you will be ready to go.

For your further questions, please consult the documentation first, or send them to the mongodb-user Google Group. This group is for developers *of* MongoDB, so please don't send the usage questions here.

Kind Regards,
Alex