finding some problems with the database of mongodb

hari haran

Jul 25, 2016, 7:11:33 AM7/25/16
to mongodb-dev
Check the img  i hav uploaded..... i enter ma data in mongodb.. it shows my data has been inserted.. but when i check, it shows no trace of it exists.. like it shows 0 db ... nxt time restart the server same happens... hav uninstalled & re-installed thrice still this prob occurs... but once it worked fine... am usin MongoDB - 3.2.7 version(64Bit) .... any clues y this happens??
error.jpg

david.b....@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2016, 7:25:08 AM7/25/16
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
Hari

Is this occurring on a primary or is it when your doing secondary reads? I have been trying to trace a situation where the primary oplog has an insert but the replication thread skips it's when applying on the secondary. (Having to add more logging to test this out)

I would be keen to know if your hitting this vs your driver/tool not using w:1 or greater.

David Murphy

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 24, 2016, at 00:36, hari haran <hari....@gmail.com> wrote:

Check the img  i hav uploaded..... i enter ma data in mongodb.. it shows my data has been inserted.. but when i check, it shows no trace of it exists.. like it shows 0 db ... nxt time restart the server same happens... hav uninstalled & re-installed thrice still this prob occurs... but once it worked fine... am usin MongoDB - 3.2.7 version(64Bit) .... any clues y this happens??

<error.jpg>

Andy Schwerin

Jul 25, 2016, 7:54:39 AM7/25/16
to mongo...@googlegroups.com

The find in your screenshot shows the data from the insert. You may have well under 1MB of data, in which case show dbs has rounded the displayed values down to zero.

For future reference, this list is for developers of MongoDB, rather than developers who use MongoDB. Inquiries such as this should go to the mongodb-user mailing list.