RandomTest.NextInt64SanityCheck Fails

valn...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2015, 2:06:07 AM11/23/15
to mongodb-dev
Hi,

I've updated mongo server to rc3. However, when I run the tests for cxx driver, I'm getting the failure in unit tests as shown below.

I tried cloning a new copy of the mongo-cxx-driver driver too, but the same occurs again.
Kindly guide me on this issue.

Regards,
Valnci

System Info:
OS/Arch - RHELppc
MongoDB shell version: 3.2.0-rc3-24-g2508a0f
Mongo Orchestration v0.6.dev0

Andrew Morrow

Nov 23, 2015, 10:34:05 AM11/23/15
to mongodb-dev

Hi -

This particular unit test for the C++ driver does not interact with the server at all, it is purely client side. This looks like it may be a platform specific bug. What version of the C++ driver did you build?

Thanks,
Andrew

valn...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2015, 11:03:01 PM11/23/15
to mongodb-dev
Hi acm

Thank you for the response. Interesting to note that its a client side platform specific issue. I've build the driver source code from the legacy branch. Also I'm using the gcc: version 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-9) (GCC) compiler.

Please let me know if you require any other information.

I would be glad if you could help me on this bug.

Regards,
Valnci

Andrew Morrow

Nov 23, 2015, 11:49:47 PM11/23/15
to mongodb-dev

Thanks for the additional information.

I suspect this is a bug, though without looking further I'm not sure if the bug is in the code itself or in the test. A change was made to the random implementation and the associated test in MongoDB 3.0.7, and that change was backported to the legacy C++ driver. It first shipped in the legacy-1.0.7 release.

Could you try building the legacy branch at the tag legacy-1.0.6 and see if the test failure goes away? If so, I recommend filing a ticket in the CXX project (https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/CXX).

Thanks,
Andrew

valn...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2015, 11:55:02 PM11/23/15
to mongodb-dev
Hi acm,

Below information may also be useful.

Command: git rev-parse HEAD
Output: a12c33a768915992c2c154258a111cda9fe2f6f2

Also, does the "RandomTest.NextInt64SanityCheck" failure have any impact on the functionality of the mongo-cxx-driver or mongodb?

Regards,
Valnci

valn...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2015, 12:01:26 AM11/24/15
to mongodb-dev
Hi acm

I'll try the following and report to you the result.

Could you try building the legacy branch at the tag legacy-1.0.6 and see if the test failure goes away? If so, I recommend filing a ticket in the CXX project (https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/CXX).

Thanks,
Andrew

Thanks
Valnci

valn...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2015, 1:27:42 AM11/24/15
to mongodb-dev
Hi acm,

I do not see the failure in the tests after building the legacy branch at the tag legacy-1.0.6. However, I've observed the output of scons and also found that the "RandomTest.NextInt64SanityCheck" test is not there in the source code at tag legacy-1.0.6. PFA the scons output for your reference.

Could you try building the legacy branch at the tag legacy-1.0.6 and see if the test failure goes away? If so, I recommend filing a ticket in the CXX project (https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/CXX).

Let me know your views.

Regards,
Valnci