How to download pymongo for Linux platform

Chalam Ponnusamy

May 21, 2015, 8:05:06 AM5/21/15
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
I need URGENT help!!!

I have MongoDB running in Red Hat Linux and also installed Python in the same box, and this box is in secured location without direct connectivity to internet. So I have to download any package/software to other machine or to my desktop and upload to Linux box.

I am trying to find a way to download pymongo, the Mongo driver for Python, so that I can upload to the Linux box.

Can someone help.

Thanks in advance.

Bernie Hackett

May 22, 2015, 10:53:05 AM5/22/15
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
You can download the tarball here:

The install instructions are available here:

Also note the dependencies for building the C extensions:

Then, assuming you have easy_install available, you can do:

# easy_install /path/to/pymongo-<version number>.tar.gz