After Installation I can't find the Mongo bin directory...

Rob Vig

Nov 7, 2014, 11:28:48 AM11/7/14
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
I just ran the windows installer and then the C# driver. I see a folder names MongoDB in the Program Files (x86) with the C# sub folder, but no mongo bin?
What am I missing?

Mark Benvenuto

Nov 7, 2014, 2:22:10 PM11/7/14
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
Mongodb-dev is not the best mailing list for these questions, you should use mongodb-user in the future.

The 64-bit installers for MongoDB put the bin directory in a directory under %ProgramFiles% which typically points to "C:\Program Files".

mark

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Rob Vig <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just ran the windows installer and then the C# driver. I see a folder names MongoDB in the Program Files (x86) with the C# sub folder, but no mongo bin?
What am I missing?

Shailendra M

May 12, 2018, 7:34:36 AM5/12/18
to mongodb-dev
Me too facing the same issue here, any update on it?

Wan Bachtiar

May 21, 2018, 1:39:44 AM5/21/18
to mongodb-dev

Me too facing the same issue here, any update on it?

Hi Shailendra,

Questions related to the use of MongoDB (i.e. your question) are better sent to mongodb-user group. This group (mongodb-dev) is for discussion for/by/about developers/development/code of MongoDB.

The original question was posted in 2014, that was four years ago. There have been lots of changes since then. Please post a new question on mongodb-user group with the following information:

  • MongoDB installer full name i.e. mongodb-win32-x86_64-2008plus-ssl-3.6.4-signed.msi
  • Did you follow instructions on Install MongoDB Community Edition on Windows ?
  • Windows operating system version.
  • The exact problem that you’re seeing (i.e. any error ?)

Regards,
Wan.