Semantics of commit operation

revit

Oct 25, 2016, 6:40:39 AM10/25/16
to mongodb-dev
I appropriate help in understanding the semantics of commit operation of the storage engine in mongoDB. Does a change (insert/delete, etc.) is saved and can be seen by others before a commit was called?
Looking at ephemeral_for_test storage engine I saw that when a document is inserted it is recorded in the list of documents such that on commit no change needs to be done and only upon rollback the changes are reverted.
Does this behavior is aligned with what mongoDB defines for commit? I thought that only upon commit the changes will be saved in the list of documents. Thanks!

revit

Oct 27, 2016, 9:26:08 AM10/27/16
to mongodb-dev
I just noticed my question is answered in https://docs.mongodb.com/v3.0/faq/concurrency/.  Thanks