SSL enabled in 3.0.0?

Matt Parlane

Mar 3, 2015, 2:48:38 PM3/3/15
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
Hi there...

Firstly, congratulations on 3.0.0! Some very nice stuff in there.

The download page says this about 3.0.0/Linux 64-bit:

    The binary of this version has been compiled with SSL enabled and dynamically linked.

Whereas the manual says this:

    The default distribution of MongoDB does not contain support for SSL.

Which is correct? Has the SSL situation changed in 3.0.0?
Thanks,
Matt

Andy Schwerin

Mar 3, 2015, 2:57:13 PM3/3/15
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
The builds targeted for specific Linux distributions (like RHEL7) have SSL support compiled in, while the generic 64-bit Linux build that runs on any platform does not.  Can you provide a link to the manual page on the website?  Or do you mean the manual page returned by running "man mongod" after you've installed?

Matt Parlane

Mar 3, 2015, 3:00:16 PM3/3/15
to schw...@mongodb.com, mongo...@googlegroups.com
There's a few references:

Does that mean that if I choose the Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit version (which I will), I will be able to set up SSL between my replica set members?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Parlane
Web Genius Central New Zealand Limited