10gen MongoDB CSharp driver and Powershell second impressions: It can work

Justin Dearing

Mar 4, 2011, 1:10:18 PM3/4/11
to mongodb-dev
Robert, et al,

So my "fly before you crawl" approach to powershell and the MongoDB csharp driver ended in a crash. Today I reduced my ambitions and got somewhere

You still need to use reflection to  call MongoCollection.Insert<>, but I found a nice powershell script that does that for you on the internet. Otherwise not all that painful once you know what you are doing.

It could be made a little easier with some accommodation though. I propose (and volunteer to write) the following: