MongoDB PHP Driver 1.1.9 released

Jeremy Mikola

Oct 20, 2016, 3:22:40 PM10/20/16
to mongodb-...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com
The PHP team is happy to announce that version 1.1.9 of our new mongodb PHP extension is now available on PECL.

Release Highlights

This maintenance release upgrades the bundled libmongoc package to 1.3.6, which primarily fixes a bug with spurious sockets timeouts (CDRIVER-1682, back-ported from CDRIVER-1571). The bug result in an unexpected ConnectionTimeoutException ("No suitable servers found") when one or more servers in a replica set were inaccessible, although other accessible servers should have been able to fulfill the server selection. This release also fixes a smaller bug where libmongoc swapped "connection timeout" and "connection error" messages, which are often included in the aforementioned ConnectionTimeoutException (CDRIVER-1683, back-ported from CDRIVER-1567).

A complete list of resolved issues in this release may be found at:
https://jira.mongodb.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12484&version=17625

Documentation

Documentation is available on PHP.net:
http://php.net/set.mongodb

Feedback

We would appreciate any feedback you might have on the project:
https://jira.mongodb.org/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=12484&issuetype=6

Installation

You can either download and install the source manually, or you can install the extension with:

    pecl install mongodb

or update with:

    pecl upgrade mongodb

Windows binaries are available on PECL: