MongoDB 3.4.0-rc4 is released

Ramon Fernandez

Nov 18, 2016, 6:34:40 PM11/18/16
to mongodb-...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com, mongodb-dev, mongodb...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB 3.4.0-rc4 is out and is ready for testing. This is the culmination of the 3.3.x development series.

As with previous major releases, we welcome the Community’s involvement in testing our release candidates through our Bug Hunt. We invite you to help us ensure the quality of this release, and we want to give away some great prizes to those who do. You can learn more about how to get involved and the resources available in our blog post: https://www.mongodb.com/blog/post/announcing-the-mongodb-3-4-bug-hunt

Users can now get up to speed on upcoming features with the MongoDB 3.4 Online Course: https://university.mongodb.com/courses/M034/about

Fixed in this release candidate:

SERVER-24596  Deadlock waiting for majority snapshot during map reduce output stage

SERVER-24994  Assertion when sharded collection is dropped during metadata changes

SERVER-26492  2dsphere geoNear density estimator should stop once it exceeds $maxDistance

SERVER-26747  replSetStepDown should wait for last write to commit

SERVER-26993  Extend concurrency suite options

SERVER-27048  Fix recursive lock issue leading to deadlock or crash in LegacySession

SERVER-27053  Possibility to confirm w:majority write that has been rolled back

WT-3000       Missing log records in recovery when crashing after a log file switch

WT-3017       Hazard pointer race with page replace causes error

As always, please let us know of any issues.

-- The MongoDB Team