MongoDB 3.7.2 is released

Kelsey Schubert

Feb 21, 2018, 3:26:19 PM2/21/18
to mongodb-...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com, mongodb-dev, mongodb...@googlegroups.com

The Server Team is excited to announce that MongoDB 3.7.2 is ready for testing.  A large part of the team is heads down working towards transactions, but among the numerous bug fixes and improvements delivered in the past three weeks, some major features we’ve completed include:

Deprecations for 4.0

As we prepare for our upcoming major release, one of the first priorities of the Server team is to officially deprecate old and superseded functionality. Using these features will give a warning, and functionality will be completely removed in a future release:

MONGODB-CR Removed

After being formally deprecated in 3.6, the MONGODB-CR authentication mechanism has been removed. A MongoDB database which is configured to support MONGODB-CR will now fail on startup and advise its administrator to perform an auth schema upgrade before updating to 4.0.

Supported Platforms Updated

In addition, there are ongoing changes to the list of supported operating systems and versions:

  • Windows 7 / 2008R2 is being deprecated

  • SLES11 is no longer supported

  • Ubuntu 12.04 is no longer supported

  • Debian 9 is now supported

All Issues | Downloads