MongoDB PHP Driver 1.1.8 released

Jeremy Mikola

Jul 5, 2016, 4:48:08 PM7/5/16
to mongodb-...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com
The PHP team is happy to announce that version 1.1.8 of our new mongodb PHP extension is now available on PECL.

Release Highlights

Numerous users have reported an issue with the driver unnecessarily attempting to enable SSL on a persistent stream, which already had SSL enabled. This problem commonly manifested itself with "SSL/TLS already set-up for this stream" exceptions thrown on alternating requests to the same worker process. As a stop-gap solution, this release includes a patch to disable stream persistence for SSL connections. A more robust solution is being implemented in PHPC-605 and PHPC-433 for 1.2.0.

This release also fixes an issue with MongoDB\BSON\UTCDateTime::toDateTime() where microseconds were not properly set on the returned DateTime object.

A complete list of resolved issues in this release may be found at:
https://jira.mongodb.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12484&version=17045

Documentation

Documentation is available on PHP.net:
http://php.net/set.mongodb

Feedback

We would appreciate any feedback you might have on the project:
https://jira.mongodb.org/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=12484&issuetype=6

Installation

You can either download and install the source manually, or you can install the extension with:

    pecl install mongodb

or update with:

    pecl upgrade mongodb

Windows binaries are available on PECL:
http://pecl.php.net/package/mongodb

Thanks

Thanks for our community contributors for 1.1.8: