MongoDB PHP Driver 1.2.4 and 1.2.5 released

Jeremy Mikola

Jan 31, 2017, 3:49:55 PM1/31/17
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, mongodb-...@googlegroups.com
The PHP team is happy to announce that version 1.2.5 of our new mongodb PHP extension is now available on PECL.

This release addresses a Windows build error and is otherwise functionally identical to 1.2.4, which is summarized below.

Release Highlights

This release fixes a memory leak in the BSON type classes, which was triggered during PHP's garbage collection. Additionally, it incorporates a bug fix from libmongoc where specifying a read concern for a query would lead to an error in the getMore command issued during cursor iteration.

This release upgrades our libbson and libmongoc dependencies to 1.5.4.

A complete list of resolved issues in this release may be found at:
https://jira.mongodb.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12484&version=17921

Documentation

Documentation is available on PHP.net:
http://php.net/set.mongodb

Feedback

We would appreciate any feedback you might have on the project:
https://jira.mongodb.org/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=12484&issuetype=6

Installation

You can either download and install the source manually, or you can install the extension with:

    pecl install mongodb

or update with:

    pecl upgrade mongodb

Windows binaries are available on PECL: