DRIVERS Project now open in MongoDB JIRA

Barrie Segal

Mar 4, 2015, 4:57:33 PM3/4/15
to mongodb-...@googlegroups.com, mongo...@googlegroups.com, mongodb...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Following in the footsteps of the MongoDB Server, we're pleased to announce that the DRIVERS project is now open to the public.

What is the DRIVERS project?
DRIVERS is an umbrella project used to track issues that will require implementation by our official drivers. On many DRIVERS tickets, there are links to the corresponding issues in the language-specific projects. These projects are also public, i.e. PERL or JAVA

Why did we do this?
As anyone can suggest a change in the SERVER project, we want the same to be true for our drivers. This is also so our community driver developers will be able to better understand what's required to make a comprehensive driver.

What does this all mean?
You'll now be able to create issues in the DRIVERS project, as well as watch, upvote, and comment on existing issues. Please use this project to send us suggestions on any new feature youd like to see in our drivers!

If you find an issue or bug specific to one of our drivers, please open a ticket in that language projectIf an individual driver has already implemented a feature or if they won't have to, it will show up as 'Validated' in the DRIVERS ticket.

We'll continue to groom this project and make sure it remains the most accurate reflection of our roadmap. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns about how it works, or would like to suggest a change.

Barrie Segal
Project Manager, Developer Experience

--

{ name     : "Barrie Segal",
  title    : "Project Manager, Developer Experience",