PyMongo 3.0b1 released

Bernie Hackett

Mar 19, 2015, 1:45:32 PM3/19/15
to mongodb-...@googlegroups.com
Version 3.0b1 (Beta1) of the MongoDB python driver (PyMongo) has been released. This is the second Beta release of PyMongo 3.0.

3.0 is a partial rewrite of the python driver with a large number of improvements including a unified client API, a new CRUD API, a rewritten pure python BSON library, and much, much more.

Since this is a Beta release, and includes a number of backward breaking changes, we have not released 3.0b1 to pypi. You can install it using pip:

$ pip install https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-python-driver/archive/3.0b1.tar.gz

or easy_install:

$ easy_install https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-python-driver/archive/3.0b1.tar.gz

Please try it out and let us know what you think.

Docs - http://api.mongodb.org/python/3.0b1/

Changelog - http://api.mongodb.org/python/3.0b1/changelog.html

- The PyMongo dev team

Alvin Richards