mongo-hadoop 2.0.0-rc0 released!

Luke Lovett

Aug 1, 2016, 2:08:24 PM8/1/16
to mongodb-announce
Hello Hadoopers,

I'm pleased to announce the first release candidate for mongo-hadoop 2.0! This
is a major release touting several new features. As a major release, it removes
several deprecated methods and objects, breaking API in ways that should not
affect most users of Hadoop tools.

Some of the major new features introduced in this version include:

* Ability to collocate Hadoop nodes and MongoDB shards for data locality (HADOOP-202)
* Add GridFSInputFormat (HADOOP-272)
* Add MongoSampleSplitter (HADOOP-283)
* Support document replacement (HADOOP-263)
* Add back support for Hadoop 1.2.x (HADOOP-246)

For complete details on the issues resolved in 2.0.0, consult the release notes
on Jira: https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/HADOOP/fixforversion/15622

To use this version of the connector within your next project, mention the
following in your pom.xml (example includes "core" only):

<dependency>
<groupId>org.mongodb.mongo-hadoop</groupId>
<artifactId>mongo-hadoop-core</artifactId>
<version>2.0.0-rc0</version>
</dependency>

Or for Gradle:

compile 'org.mongodb.mongo-hadoop:mongo-hadoop-core:2.0.0-rc0'

You can also download the jars directly from Maven:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/mongodb/mongo-hadoop/

If you find a bug or want to request a feature, please file a new HADOOP issue
on the MongoDB jira: http://jira.mongodb.org/.

If you need help with the connector, feel free to ask a question on the MongoDB
User Group, and someone on our team will get back to you as soon as possible:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mongodb-user.

Happy Hadooping,

- The MongoDB JVM Team