MongoDB HHVM Driver 1.2.0alpha1 released

Derick Rethans

Sep 27, 2016, 6:32:25 AM9/27/16
to mongodb-...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com, Drivers
The PHP team is happy to announce that version 1.2.0alpha1, of our new
"mongodb" HHVM extension is now available.

You can download the driver from the attachment to this release
announcement.

**Release Highlights**

This is the first preview release for 1.2.0, and supports all the
features of the upcoming MongoDB 3.4 server release.

It contains a significant amount of internal refactoring to remove our
dependence on libmongoc's private API. This release also upgrades our
libbson and libmongoc dependencies to 1.5.0-rc0. The final 1.2.0 release
will depend on libson and libmongoc 1.5.0.

Internal changes aside, we did manage to sneak a few new features into
this release. BSON classes now support PHP serialization and
var_export(). JSON serialization is still not implemented, but we plan
to have that ready for 1.2.0. The UTCDateTime constructor now defaults
to the current time if no argument is provided and can also accept a
DateTimeInterface instance. The Binary and Javascript types now have
__toString() methods that return their binary data and code strings,
respectively. The JavaScript class also has new getCode() and getScope()
methods, which were curiously absent in previous versions.

A MongoDB\BSON\ObjectID::getTimestamp() helper method has been
introduced, which returns the 4-byte timestamp component of an ObjectID
as an integer. The second $flags parameter to the MongoDB\BSON\Regex
constructor is now optional and defaults to an empty string.

MongoDB\Driver\Query, MongoDB\Driver\BulkWrite::update(), and
MongoDB\Driver\BulkWrite::delete() now accept a "collation" document
option, which can be used to specify a locale-aware string comparison or
sort order (see: SERVER-1920 for additional information).
MongoDB\Driver\ReadPreference now supports a "maxStalenessMS" integer
option, which can be used with modes other than "primary" to specify an
acceptable replication delay for secondary servers (see: SERVER-12861).
The "maxStalenessMS" option may also be used in the connection URI or
options array provided to MongoDB\Driver\Manager to configure the
default read preference.

A complete list of resolved issues in this release may be found at:
https://jira.mongodb.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12481&version=17560

**Documentation**

Documentation is available on PHP.net:
http://php.net/set.mongodb

**Feedback**

Feedback can be provided through our JIRA issue tracker at
http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/HHVM

Derick & Jeremy