Announcing Motor 0.7 beta

A. Jesse Jiryu Davis

Oct 3, 2016, 8:55:36 AM10/3/16
to mongodb-...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com

Please try the beta release of Motor 0.7 and let me know how it works for you:

python -m pip install motor==0.7b0

Documentation:

In two ways, Motor 0.7 paves the way for Motor 1.0: First, for asynchronous I/O, Motor now uses a thread pool. It no longer needs the "greenlet" package, and it now requires the "futures" backport package on Python 2. See my blog post explaining the change.

Second, Motor 0.7 upgrades its PyMongo dependency from 2.8 to 2.9, and it wraps all the new PyMongo 2.9 APIs. This provides you a bridge from Motor's legacy API to the new APIs that will be required in Motor 1.0. See the Motor 1.0 Migration Guide.

Try the beta and let me know how it goes. Tell me about bugs, and also tell me if the beta works for you, so I can release Motor 0.7 confidently.

Peace,
—A. Jesse Jiryu Davis