Fwd: Todd May Event - Farmer Cline and Campbell Bike Helmet giveaway

Frank Gmeindl

Apr 18, 2013, 3:59:15 PM4/18/13
to bikeboard@bikemorgantown.com Board, monbi...@googlegroups.com, CRcyc...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Serritella
Here's an opportunity to enhance our relationship with police and other emergency responders.

Fit helmets on kids 10 am - 4 pm at Mylan Park Sat. May 11.

Respond to me or Ryan Serritella <ry...@groupmatrix.com> at your earliest convenience.

4ank

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ryan Serritella" <ry...@groupmatrix.com>
Date: April 8, 2013 1:32:42 PM EDT
Cc: "Richard Sackett" <sac...@groupmatrix.com>
Subject: Todd May Event - Farmer Cline and Campbell Bike Helmet giveaway

Hi Frank,

It was nice speaking with you today.  Below are the details of the event.  Any assistance you or your volunteers could provide would be greatly appreciated.
The law office of  Farmer Cline and Campbell will provide all of the helmets and booth space.  We’d need your organizations help with fittings, bike safety checks, the road course, etc…  We’ll probably need 10-15 volunteers.  It will be a great event and well worth their time!

Thanks!

Todd D. May Emergency Responders Fair
Saturday, May 11 10:00am-4:00pm at expo center at Mylan Park

This is an event that police, fire, ambulance and military organizations have following a day of statewide training on Friday. Last year we had a WKKW promote leading up to the event and then Kovals sponsored a remote broadcast during the event. We had a few dozen fire/EMS vehicles, police cars, military equipment and a helicopter from HealthNet all on display. The objective is to invite families out so kids can get used to being around emergency responders in case they need help in the future. There were displays on fire safety, SWAT stormed a mock house and then they lit it on fire to show how firemen put out a blaze. We had a great turnout with families and lots of kids on site. This would be perfect to have car seats checked, bike helmets, etc since it's geared towards kids to start with.

Event sponsor Farmer Cline and Campbell will be giving away free helmets to children 14 and under, providing bike safety checks and hosting a bike road course with prizes.

Best,

Ryan Serritella
GROUP MATRIX

GROUP MATRIX is the #1 firm in Personal Injury Advertising and Practice Management.
For nearly 30 years, we have been developing America’s largest and most successful Personal Injury practices.
We currently serve over 50 cities, representing the most visible and dominant names.
CEO Richard Sackett is a CLE and AAJ guest speaker and is often retained as an expert on attorney advertising regulation.
To learn more, visit www.groupmatrix.com or email ry...@groupmatrix.com.

Frank Gmeindl

Apr 22, 2013, 10:46:54 AM4/22/13
to Marilyn Newcome, bike...@bikemorgantown.com, monbi...@googlegroups.com, crcyc...@googlegroups.com, ry...@groupmatrix.com
Thanks, Marilyn!  Perhaps your positive response will trigger a ground swell of positive responses from other club and bike board members.  Since you're the first to volunteer, what few hours would you prefer?  Regardless of how much time people can commit, contributing even just an hour would help make this succeed.  Anybody else volunteering?

Frank

On Apr 19, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Marilyn Newcome wrote:

Frank,

Sounds like a good idea.  I would be willing to do a few hours, but not the entire time.

Marilyn

From: fgme...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:59:15 -0400
To: bike...@bikemorgantown.com; monbi...@googlegroups.com; CRcyc...@googlegroups.com
CC: ry...@groupmatrix.com

Frank Gmeindl

Apr 26, 2013, 8:31:56 AM4/26/13
to Marilyn Newcome, CRcyc...@googlegroups.com, ry...@groupmatrix.com, monbi...@googlegroups.com, bike...@bikemorgantown.com
Thanks, Marilyn!  Since you're the first to volunteer, you are certainly entitled to the 10:00-12:00 shift.

Hundreds of people, mostly families with lots of kids are expected to attend so it would be nice if more club members and bike board members pitched in.  Ryan S. thinks they'll need 10-15 volunteers but anytime anybody can contribute will help.

If anyone needs to learn how to fit a helmet, see 2:47 - 3:55 of the excellent video at http://bikemorgantown.com/articles.php?str=2012/02/lets-start-biking-video.html .

Frank

On Apr 25, 2013, at 11:08 PM, Marilyn Newcome wrote:

I would like to do 10 to 12:00.  My mother's. Birthday is that day and we may be doing a party in the afternoon.

Marilyn

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Apr 26, 2013, 8:17:47 PM4/26/13
to monbi...@googlegroups.com

Frank count me in also.

4ank

Apr 27, 2013, 9:27:33 AM4/27/13
to monbi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Steve!  What time do you think you'll be there?

I've asked Ryan Serritella for specifics about exactly where to meet and who to see at Mylan Park on May 11.  I'll let you know when I hear from him.

This will be a good opportunity to get kids started right and to demonstrate that cyclists are respectable members of the community.

Steve Harouff

Apr 27, 2013, 11:33:10 AM4/27/13
to monbi...@googlegroups.com

10-4