Looking for comments on a possible ShakeSpeare Hackday from Mobile perspective.

nkl.o...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2012, 12:59:40 PM11/7/12
to momoed...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Myself and my colleagues at EDINA are considering running a hackday (likely to be December this year) for a project we've been working on and which I hope may be of interest. The project is called Will's World and is building a registry of metadata about Shakespeare resources across the UK.

We have been inspired by other excellent hack events we've been to and are wanting to run our hackday as an online hack event. We think that's a fairly unusual way to do it and we really want some feedback on the idea and the format from the people we want to be involved - fantastic creative developers like you!

The hackday would be open to all (as will the registry) and I am very much hoping you might able to involved either in giving us some feedback on the idea, in the event itself or both!

We've put up a blogpost about our idea here:

And the survey we are running to capture feedback is here:

Please do feel free to forward/share with others - we want to both get word out about the possible event and capture as much feedback as possible before we start planning so we can make sure it actually works well.

Huge thanks in advance!

- Nicola.

--
Nicola Osborne
Social Media Officer

EDINA website:
http://www.edina.ac.uk/

t: 0131 651 3873
e: nicola....@ed.ac.uk

a: EDINA, The University of Edinburgh, Causewayside House, 158-162 Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1PR

nkl.o...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2012, 1:04:09 PM11/27/12
to momoed...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thank you so much to those of you who took part in our Will’s World Hack survey earlier this autumn.

I am emailing because I am excited to say that, based on the fantastic responses we received, we have decided that an online hack event should take place and we have decided to run it as a week long event – which you can participate in for as much (or little) time as you like – running from 5th to 12th December 2012. We would really love to see some mobile hacks taking place so would love to have you taking part!

To find out more about the event watch this video from the Will’s World Project Manager Muriel Mewissen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dXw54Wydok

We have set up a wiki for the event where we would encourage you to take a look around the wiki and, hopefully, complete the registration form for the event. We will be sending out goodie bags to the first 50 participants to register as an added incentive!

Please do forward this information on to any colleagues, friends or mailing lists that you think may be interested in taking part. We really do welcome everyone to take part in the hack event whether developers, amateur coders, or those with great ideas to share, such as educators, creative practitioners, Shakespeare fans, etc.

*Key Links*

You will find a blog post about the event here:
http://willsworld.blogs.edina.ac.uk/2012/11/22/join-wills-world-online-hack-5-12-dec-2012/

The wiki is here:
http://willsworld.edina.ac.uk/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

And you can register for the event here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGx3ZkZfUW1DV3hZcjB2cl90TnN5b1E6MQ

If you have any questions at all about the event please email willswo...@gmail.com and one of the Will’s World team – Muriel, Neil or Nicola – will get back to you.

We look forward to seeing you online very soon and thank you again for supporting the Will’s World Project!

Nicola Osborne, Muriel Mewissen, and Neil Mayo
Will’s World Project Team

Blog: http://willsworld.blogs.edina.ac.uk/
Hack Event Wiki: http://willsworld.edina.ac.uk/wiki/
Follow @WillsWorldHack on Twitter or use the #willhack hashtag.