Problem with Minion and Pg

Juan Clavero

May 5, 2015, 4:18:03 AM5/5/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

tl;dr:
I'm trying to run some small code to understand how Minion works and I get "Can't use string as an ARRAY ref"  errors when I switched from File to Pg backend. Something wrong with my database configuration? What does Mojo::Pg expect?

full question:
I have a simple minion with one task defined, task1, just prints the args.
In my startup, I run
$self->Scheduler->Minion->enqueue(task1 => [1, 2, 3]);
$self->Scheduler->Minion->perform_jobs;
The output using File backend is the expected:
Task1: [1, 2, 3]
The ouput using Pg backend is not expected:
 (in cleanup) DBD::Pg::st DESTROY failed: no connection to server at [...]/Mojo/Pg.pm line 82, <DATA> line 443.
But then, when I query the database, the result column in the minion_jobs table shows:
Can't use string "[1, 2, 3]" as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at [...]/Minion/Job.pm line 59, <DATA> line 443.
Job.pm, line 59, in sub start, expects $self->args to be an arrayref, but then I don't know why it's stored and retrieved as a string...
$self->fail($@) unless eval { $self->$cb(@{$self->args}); 1 };
Any help?