UTF-8 in Mojo::File

Tekki

Oct 19, 2017, 3:34:54 AM10/19/17
to Mojolicious
Does anybody know why the handling of UTF-8 characters in Mojo::File has changed? The following script worked in older versions, but doesn't work in 7.47 anymore:

use strict;
use warnings;
use utf8;

use Mojo::File 'path';

my $folder = '/tmp/Aufträge';
mkdir $folder
;

path
($folder, 'eins')->spurt('abc');

Sebastian Riedel

Oct 19, 2017, 3:55:28 AM10/19/17
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
> Does anybody know why the handling of UTF-8 characters in Mojo::File has
> changed?

There was a long discussion on IRC.

--
Sebastian Riedel
http://mojolicio.us

Luc Didry

Oct 19, 2017, 4:54:40 AM10/19/17
to mojol...@googlegroups.com

You may want to read https://irclog.perlgeek.de/mojo/2017-10-05#i_15261727 and
https://github.com/kraih/mojo/issues/1131.
--
Luc
https://fiat-tux.fr/

sri

Oct 19, 2017, 8:41:11 AM10/19/17
to Mojolicious
I've reverted the change, since it wasn't good enough.

--
sebastian

Tekki

Oct 19, 2017, 11:18:30 AM10/19/17
to Mojolicious
I've reverted the change, since it wasn't good enough.

Thanks a lot!