Has anyone tried integrating Mason?

Joe Landman

May 14, 2011, 10:41:24 AM5/14/11
to Mojolicious
Hi folks

Been a long time Catalyst user, stumbled upon Mojolicious by
accident a few weeks ago, and rolled a micro-app in a matter of a few
minutes. Liked what I saw.

We have lots of potential use for Mojolicious. I am not looking to
completely switch all of our Catalyst apps at this time, but I do want
to start porting some of them over. To do this, without causing other
pain, I wanted to see if Mason had been integrated in the templating
engine. It looks like it shouldn't be hard (I did see the relevant
docs on it).

Has anyone done this? Any advice? Thanks!

Joe

Ben van Staveren

May 14, 2011, 12:16:43 PM5/14/11
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hey Joe,

There should be a MasonRenderer plugin out there somewhere if I recall
correctly :) Take a peek at CPAN and see what's there, personally I've always
used Template::Toolkit and had no problems finding a renderer for it. Then
again writing render plugins generally isn't that difficult so if there isn't
a Mason render plugin yet, you could of course write one and not only have
Mason with your Mojolicious, but everlasting CPAN fame ;)

--
Ben van Staveren
phone: +62 81 70777529

Diego Kuperman

May 14, 2011, 4:13:44 PM5/14/11
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm not a Mason user, but google says there are several:

https://github.com/igit

-dk