What editing environment are you using for templates ?

mjb152

Mar 16, 2015, 9:18:45 AM3/16/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
I'm playing around with different editors, some like Coda have live previews, and I'd like to find something which will let me edit and live preview template files.
I'm on OSX, and I've got very few static html files, they're mostly .html.ep files.

I'm coming from vi, but when I'm starting a new project from scratch, I'd like to be more productive when editing templates and css.

Anyone recommend good tools for a Mojolicious environment ?

Stefan Adams

Mar 16, 2015, 9:21:12 AM3/16/15
to mojolicious

I'm using Cloud 9 (http://c9.io) and love it.

Nathan Waddell

Apr 3, 2015, 3:32:56 PM4/3/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Komodo IDE. I've also used Komodo Edit (free version of IDE). Since ep is just Perl, Komodo is able to syntax check templates pretty well.

I've also used Padre, and it does a decent job also.

mjb152

Apr 3, 2015, 4:22:55 PM4/3/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
since writing this I've started to play with Sublime text. You can edit templates, or anything in the project and it works really well.
I'm wrote an applescript to launch iterm2 with multiple windows , one with morbo, one tailing the logfile, one editing templates, one public, and one generic one which lets me run helpers directly from a command line (to see DB extracts, create tables etc)  Joel Berger's blog has a great entry showing how to query the routes + other things ... http://blogs.perl.org/users/joel_berger/2014/09/mojolicious-do-it-for-the-candy.html

Thanks for your tips.

Luc didry

Apr 3, 2015, 7:40:34 PM4/3/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com, mjb152
Vim, with https://github.com/yko/mojo.vim for epl syntax coloring
--
Luc
http://www.fiat-tux.fr/

William Lindley

Apr 9, 2015, 6:51:07 PM4/9/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Emacs with Web Mode.  Code folding makes it easy to collapse entire nested sections.

   http://web-mode.org/