Using hypnotoad with upstart

Konstantin Cherkasoff

May 14, 2012, 6:32:14 AM5/14/12
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hi All!
Can I get hypnotoad to NOT become a daemon and stay connected with parent process?
It is useful when running under superdaemon control like upstart.

Виктор Турский

May 14, 2012, 7:44:10 AM5/14/12
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
-f, --foreground Keep manager process in foreground.

2012/5/14 Konstantin Cherkasoff <k.cher...@gmail.com>:
--
Viktor Turskyi
http://webbylab.com

Stefan

Feb 5, 2014, 6:22:04 PM2/5/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Can someone provide a sample upstart conf file for starting/stopping/restarting hypnotoad?

This isn't doing it.  (I tried with and without -f)

description     "mojo upstart job"

start on runlevel [2345]
stop on runlevel [!2345]

pre-start exec hypnotoad /data/web/mojo/router -f
pre-stop exec hypnotoad /data/web/mojo/router -f
post-stop exec hypnotoad /data/web/mojo/router -s

Carson Anderson

Aug 18, 2015, 4:57:20 PM8/18/15
to Mojolicious, ste...@cog-ent.com
Super delayed response here but you need to add the "-f" after hypnotoad not after your script.

hypnotoad -f  /data/web/mojo/router

Jan Henning Thorsen

Sep 10, 2015, 9:08:05 AM9/10/15
to Mojolicious, ste...@cog-ent.com
If you run hypnotoad in the foreground, you can't do hot reload. I would say you're better off with prefork unless you need hot reload:

   $ yourapp.pl prefork -h

If you know of an "init script to upstart adapter", you could use Toadfarm https://metacpan.org/pod/Toadfarm#SYNOPSIS which provide the same interface as a init script.