Hypnotoad and web app release management

Allan Cochrane

Apr 10, 2014, 12:14:56 PM4/10/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

my current approach to releasing my web app is to create a new directory for each new release, with a link pointing to the 'current' release version so that Apache (Hypnotoad sits behind an Apache proxy) can serve static files via that link. This approach allows me to roll-back to a previous release if needed.

My issue is that I have to completely stop Hypnotoad before restarting because just running hypnotoad myapp.pl in the new release's directory actually restarts the old release.

Am I missing something here? What is the recommended release methodology in this case?

Thanks,

Allan

Neil Watson

Apr 10, 2014, 1:51:46 PM4/10/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
What if you used version control on single release dir? Checkout a
new tag or branch or checkout another if you want to roll back.

--
Neil Watson
Linux/UNIX Consultant

Allan Cochrane

Apr 10, 2014, 3:11:23 PM4/10/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com, ne...@watson-wilson.ca
That's a possibility, I'll give it some thought.

Thanks,

Allan