Bizarre VirtualBox Session Issue [SOLVED]

James Bearden

Apr 8, 2014, 6:55:47 PM4/8/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I am posting this just in case somebody else runs into this issue. My workstation is Ubuntu and I have been using an instance of XP running on VirtualBox for cross-platform testing. It worked great except that I couldn't get new versions of IE to test with. Since XP is about to be unsupported, I created a new Windows 7 virtual instance. The bizarre thing was under both IE and FF (never tried chrome yet) I was getting some VERY bizarre results. It took me a while, but I finally figured out that $self->session is being lost from request to request.

VERY long story short, if you want to use virtual machines to test on different platforms, make sure you select the "bridged" networking mode instead of NAT, or else you might waste a few hours figuring what the crap is going on.

James