[SECURITY] Windows is no longer officially supported

sri

Apr 23, 2018, 4:40:03 PM4/23/18
to Mojolicious
Quick heads up for everyone. Please try to avoid using Windows servers in production
with Mojolicious, there may be serious security issues.

--
sebastian

sri

Apr 23, 2018, 4:53:30 PM4/23/18
to Mojolicious
Background here is that we've been made aware of a possibly very serious security
issue, and had to make it public in the hopes of finding a volunteer to verify and fix
it for us.

Unfortunately the expertise on the core team is currently very much focused on
UNIX. We will try to address this in the future, but that will take time.

--
sebastian

sri

Apr 24, 2018, 12:10:35 PM4/24/18
to Mojolicious
Quick update, the secuity issue has been confirmed. We do have a path
traversal vulnerability on Windows and there is no known fix yet. So, please
make sure not to use Windows!

--
sebastian