Hypnotoad and communication with sibling workers

Matija Papec

Apr 22, 2016, 7:52:02 AM4/22/16
to Mojolicious
I've come across few suggestions that Redis or some other kind of backend should be used.

Is this still preferred option or could I emit some kind of event to other forks? What about ZMQ (http://zeromq.org/)?

Thanks in advance.

Rob Willett

Apr 22, 2016, 7:55:11 AM4/22/16
to Mojolicious
We use beanstalk for perl to perl on separate machines. Simple, easy and fast. We don't need the overhead of a full message broker.

We also use redis for perl to javascript, specifically for nose.js as the beanstalk javascript client kept failing for us.

Rob

sri

Apr 22, 2016, 7:59:42 AM4/22/16
to Mojolicious
I like to use PostgreSQL notifications.

--
sebastian

Matija Papec

Apr 22, 2016, 8:09:43 AM4/22/16
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Tnx ,beanstalk looks interesting when deploying same app to multiple servers.

Matija Papec

Apr 22, 2016, 8:10:09 AM4/22/16
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Tnx for reply, but I think if pg client reconnects it may miss some events.

Btw, is there a mojo plugin for IPC which you could recommend?

Rob Willett

Apr 22, 2016, 8:16:38 AM4/22/16
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
We use beanstalk to get information across servers in a local data centre as well as across the internet to backup.

We like beanstalk at least with Perl as it works very well, its quick and easy to setup, think minutes rather than hours or days, its fast, we throw JSON in one end and it comes out the other.

The bad things about beanstalk is the administration, say hello to telnet and typing stuff in.

Rob

sri

Apr 22, 2016, 8:17:23 AM4/22/16
to Mojolicious
Tnx for reply, but I think if pg client reconnects it may miss some events.

Same goes for Redis pub/sub and ZMQ, if you need guarantees you want a real message broker like RabbitMQ.

--
sebastian