hypnotoad consuming 160MB of memory? is it normal?

tempus71

May 30, 2016, 5:05:37 PM5/30/16
to Mojolicious
I have build a simple Mojolicious app and I use hypnotoad on production server but it's consuming 160MB. Is it the minimum memory necessary for run hypnotoad?

Thanks for your help!

Glen

May 30, 2016, 5:10:22 PM5/30/16
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at each process - how much is it taking?

It’s likely the result of whatever you’ve loaded into memory, whether data of modules.

On May 30, 2016, at 3:05 PM, tempus71 <qui...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have build a simple Mojolicious app and I use hypnotoad on production server but it's consuming 160MB. Is it the minimum memory necessary for run hypnotoad?

Thanks for your help!

Quim Pagans

May 30, 2016, 5:15:33 PM5/30/16
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
each process consume around 30MB

I have no more than 30 html templates

I understand, then, the modules are the ones consuming the main percentage of the memory.

I will try to reduce workers but I can't reduce modules..

thanks!

Quim Pagans Garriga
Twitter - @quimpg

Glen

May 30, 2016, 5:18:46 PM5/30/16
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
That’s about right, then, given that hypnotoad starts up 5 processes by default.

If you’re handling your requests in a non-blocking manner, the initial memory usage is not so important, because each process can handle hundreds of simultaneous connections without a problem.

Quim Pagans

May 30, 2016, 5:29:55 PM5/30/16
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
good! thanks a lot!

sri

May 30, 2016, 5:40:39 PM5/30/16
to Mojolicious
For the record, on OS X an app generated with "mojo generate app" takes only about 10MB per worker and 30MB for the manager, so just about 70MB overall.

--
sebastian