short code

Lou Dog

Feb 18, 2014, 4:15:36 PM2/18/14
to mogre...@googlegroups.com
I am a newbie and have little technical expertise. I am looking to figure out how to advertise a short code and have an automated response that I create sent out when someone texts a keyword to the short code. That is all, no follow up...just one message when someone sends the keyword to the short code....

Help please!

Anthony Rossano

Feb 18, 2014, 4:25:16 PM2/18/14
to llob...@gmail.com, mogre...@googlegroups.com
No Problem.
That's what the service does!

Let's say your keyword is 'lou' and the shortcode is 343434.

1) You sign up, make an account, get the free 25$ credit, and register the keyword 'lou' as the main keyword when you make the account.
2) In the Developer dashboard, you set the callback URL where you want us to notify you when you get a message.

3) On your back end web service, where that URL callback resolves, you write the logic of your app.
When a user texts 'lou' to 343434, we deliver a chunk of XML or JSON to the callback.  That callback contains the user phone number, the message they texted in along with the keyword, and an URL to any image or audio or video they might have also sent you.

4) You catch the callback, parse it, and then do a transaction.send API call back to that user with your acknowledgement message 'thanks for playing' or whatever it is.

There is a super easy graphical API Explorer to help you test the transaction.send API call in the Developer Dashboard.
There is a nice service you can use to examine and debug the callbacks as well, before you write your own backend:  http:requestb.in

There you go!
Anthony

On Feb 18, 2014, at 1:15 PM, Lou Dog wrote:

I am a newbie and have little technical expertise. I am looking to figure out how to advertise a short code and have an automated response that I create sent out when someone texts a keyword to the short code. That is all, no follow up...just one message when someone sends the keyword to the short code....

Help please!

ANTHONY ROSSANO
TECHNOLOGY
MOGREET, INC.
555 Rose Avenue, Studio G | Venice, CA 90291

Lou Dog

Feb 18, 2014, 4:40:01 PM2/18/14
to mogre...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick response.

All I want the ability to do is advertise my short code and keyword (VIPme) -- when someone texts VIPme to 343434, they receive an automated message directing them to my website for additional details.

That's all... Is that what you described below cause it sounds like a lot more.

Thanks again!

Lou
Lou

Lou Dog

Feb 18, 2014, 7:26:19 PM2/18/14
to mogre...@googlegroups.com
Is there someone that can give me 5 minutes of phone time to set this up?

Anthony Rossano

Feb 19, 2014, 11:59:34 AM2/19/14
to llob...@gmail.com, Ryan Harris, mogre...@googlegroups.com
I think Ryan can help you sign up and set it up!
ATR

ryan....@mogreet.com

Feb 19, 2014, 12:06:36 PM2/19/14
to Anthony Rossano, llob...@gmail.com, mogre...@googlegroups.com
Lou, what is the best number to reach you at today? I will call you within the hour. Thank you Ryan. 3108179435
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: Anthony Rossano <ant...@mogreet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 08:59:34 -0800
Subject: Re: short code

daeho...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2015, 10:31:02 AM7/24/15
to Mogreet API, llob...@gmail.com
Hi I could use this same guidance please.

Paul Forsyth

Jul 24, 2015, 12:17:26 PM7/24/15
to daeho...@gmail.com, Mogreet API, llob...@gmail.com
Our Developer Platform does require some technical expertise, as it is purely API based. What you are looking for can be done...you just need a developer to implement it. On the other hand, we also offer a Campaign Management platform with a UI that allows you to set up these types of campaigns (and more) very easily. If you are interested, I can connect you with a sales rep -- just respond directly to me.

Best,
Paul

Outspoken
Paul Forsyth, Director of Engineering
Outspoken.com | pa...@Outspoken.com
M: 1.310.465.6416
Text "Play" to 94444
(Msg/data rates may apply)

Dae_Hoon Kim

Jul 31, 2015, 7:22:38 PM7/31/15
to Paul Forsyth, Mogreet API, llob...@gmail.com, Dave Kim
Hi thanks Paul, so the campaign management sounds good. Same price structure correct?

Sincerely,

Dae Hoon Kim
(917) 673-1522

Jordan El-Saden

Jul 31, 2015, 8:07:57 PM7/31/15
to daeho...@gmail.com, Mogreet API, llob...@gmail.com, Dave Kim, Paul Forsyth
Hi – The structure is actually different. Let me break down how the enterprise side of the business works.

Typically enterprise clients sign a contract between 1 and 2 years. This monthly fee includes access to our Campaign Management platform, our Enterprise APIs, a bucket of SMS/MMS messages, and an Account Manager who will assist you with purchasing & provisioning a dedicated short code, setting up campaigns, reviewing signage and messaging to ensure everything is carrier compliant, and strategies to help promote and grow your database.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please let us know and we would be happy to connect you with our sales team who can provide you with pricing and answer any additional questions you might have.

Thanks for reaching out and have a good weekend.

 -Jordan

From: <mogre...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Dae_Hoon Kim <daeho...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, July 31, 2015 at 4:22 PM
To: Paul Forsyth <pa...@outspoken.com>
Cc: Mogreet API <mogre...@googlegroups.com>, <llob...@gmail.com>, Dave Kim <da...@hoffstot.com>

Hi thanks Paul, so the campaign management sounds good. Same price structure correct?

Sincerely,

Dae Hoon Kim
(917) 673-1522

 Jordan El-Saden |Senior Product Manager