Text-ins on Dashboard? Incoming message billing questions

Phillip McCartney

May 26, 2014, 5:23:27 PM5/26/14
to mogre...@googlegroups.com
Was looking over my first bill, and trying to figure out the numbers...

What encompasses something marked as a text-in?
Are they similar to what is billed as "incoming messages" on the bill?

We are currently only using our account for sending mms messages, is why I am asking.  Trying to
figure out if there is a way to get around these types of charges?

Been trying to find this type of info in the docs, or somewhere, so would jump for joy if anyone had a good link!

Thanks,
  Phillip McCartney
  Social Flash Media

Anthony Rossano

May 26, 2014, 10:51:09 PM5/26/14
to phillipm...@gmail.com, mogre...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Phillip -
I apologize that we don't have more standard language for the incoming text messages.  Even within the API program we have a few different terms...
The official term is 'MO' for mobile originated.
We also call then incoming, inbound, and sometimes in the API context we refer to them as 'callback' or 'webhook', which is really  the relevant aspect for you.
We only change you if we get a 'MO' in from the carrier, which matches the shortcode (343434) and has your keyword (or aliases) in the first two words of the first line.  That's basically what we use to match the MO to your account, and then do a callback to the URL you have specified (if you did specify one in the developer dashboard).

So - if your keyword is 'memorial' then anytime someone out there texts 'memorial' to 343434 we'll think it's yours, and charge you.
If there was a situation where that was in error, (and you wanted to stop the inbound MOs) then we can take care of that, just contact me and we'll block that user.

Hope that helps!
ATR

Anthony Rossano, Technologist