Transcoding and Media width/height

mosf...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2014, 1:03:43 AM3/28/14
to mogre...@googlegroups.com
HI
I have a question on transcoding and MMS width/height.

say I have a video thats 3 minutes long going to 3105551234.
Now say I send the same video to 4245551234. Do I get billed only once since it's the same video and it's already been transcoded or billed 2 times ?

Also, what is the ideal width and height for sending MMS from Mogreet via content_url ? It seems like the MMS gets cropped and the corners are rounded once it reaches the phone.

Anthony Rossano

Mar 28, 2014, 1:16:48 PM3/28/14
to mosf...@gmail.com, mogre...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mosfet -
We only charge once for transcoding the video.  You would be charged for the MMS send - at the 1 cent rate, for each send, but we only do the transcode once.  When we transcode the content we make a bunch of versions for different devices, usually about 20 versions, so they are all pre-created and ready to go as a part of the original transcode process.
On the best sizes for content, it doesn't matter.  We ingest the media (image, video) and when we transcode it to make the versions we make a number of sizes, from about
176*144 up to 640*480.  Generally we use 4*3 aspect.  The only cropping or padding we'll do is if the input content doesn't match that aspect ratio.

The rounded corners thing is coming from your phone - I see my iphone is doing the same thing now that I installed the last upgrade.

regards -
ATR

ANTHONY ROSSANO
TECHNOLOGY
MOGREET, INC.
555 Rose Avenue, Studio G | Venice, CA 90291