Differences between SMS and MMS Campaigns

Tac Tacelosky

Mar 28, 2014, 8:15:08 AM3/28/14
to mogre...@googlegroups.com
What are some differences between an MMS campaign and an SSM campaign?  I see that they have separate ID's in the dashboard.  Is the MMS campaign id only sent to the web hook when there's no media?  Or...?

Thanks, sorry for what I'm sure is a very basic question!

Tac

Anthony Rossano

Mar 28, 2014, 12:10:23 PM3/28/14
to tac...@gmail.com, mogre...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tac -
SMS is text only, limited to 160 chars, and MMS has no character limit, and can include image, audio and video files.
ATR
ANTHONY ROSSANO
TECHNOLOGY
MOGREET, INC.
555 Rose Avenue, Studio G | Venice, CA 90291

Tac Tacelosky

Mar 28, 2014, 2:09:29 PM3/28/14
to Anthony Rossano, mogre...@googlegroups.com
So if someone sends a message with a keyword to one of my campaigns, which campaign_id will be used?  What determines if it's command_sms or command_mms?

Anthony Rossano

Mar 28, 2014, 4:03:08 PM3/28/14
to Tac Tacelosky, mogre...@googlegroups.com
sorry for the delay...
There is actually a THIRD (hidden) campaign , and this is the campaign that all MOs - whether SMS or MMS - will arrive under.
it's not shown in the developer portal - I don't know why not.  It should be.

So - whatever campaign_id you are receiving the MOs under - that's your MO campaign id.
We should document that.

ATR
ANTHONY ROSSANO
TECHNOLOGY
MOGREET, INC.
555 Rose Avenue, Studio G | Venice, CA 90291

Tac Tacelosky

Mar 28, 2014, 4:07:13 PM3/28/14
to Anthony Rossano, mogre...@googlegroups.com
Oh, that explains my problem of earlier, sent via private email since it included all my account information.  I guess this was originally designed for outgoing campaigns, where we're doing an incoming campaign, asking people to send us photos along with some text.

Yes, please add that to the dashboard.  Is it available through an API call?

Also, can you please make the XML v JSON clearer in defining the Web Hook?  It's so subtle it's easy to miss -- a radio button would actually be a lot clearer.

Thanks,

Tac

Tac Tacelosky

Mar 31, 2014, 10:37:54 AM3/31/14
to Anthony Rossano, mogre...@googlegroups.com
Do you think it'd be easy to implement this?  It's making configuration much more painful than it should be.

Thanks!

Tac

Anthony Rossano

Apr 1, 2014, 2:12:22 PM4/1/14
to Tac Tacelosky, mogre...@googlegroups.com
I took it as a feature request.
The Mo campaign won't change - so you can just do an MO, then see what campaign comes back in the callback... sorry thats a hack, but I doubt we'll change it soon.