Student License issue

Nate Krinsky

Mar 27, 2017, 4:08:04 PM3/27/17
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
I've installed and reinstalled Modelsim multiple times, successfully downloaded the licence, saved it as student_license.dat in the directory Modeltech_pe_edu_10.4a, ran Modelsim as an administrator, and yet every time I try to simulate I get the following error:

vsim -gui work.adder
# //  ModelSim PE Student Edition 10.4a Apr  7 2015
# //
# //  Copyright 1991-2015 Mentor Graphics Corporation
# //  All Rights Reserved.
# //
# //  THIS WORK CONTAINS TRADE SECRET AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION
# //  WHICH IS THE PROPERTY OF MENTOR GRAPHICS CORPORATION OR ITS
# //  LICENSORS AND IS SUBJECT TO LICENSE TERMS.
# //  THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS TRADE SECRETS AND COMMERCIAL OR FINANCIAL
# //  INFORMATION THAT ARE PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM
# //  DISCLOSURE UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT, 5 U.S.C. SECTION 552.
# //  FURTHERMORE, THIS INFORMATION IS PROHIBITED FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER
# //  THE TRADE SECRETS ACT, 18 U.S.C. SECTION 1905.
# //
# // NOT FOR CORPORATE OR PRODUCTION USE.
# // THE ModelSim PE Student Edition IS NOT A SUPPORTED PRODUCT.
# // FOR HIGHER EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY
# //
# vsim -gui
# Start time: 16:05:27 on Mar 27,2017
# ** FATAL ERROR: ModelSim PE Student Edition license key expired as of (null).
#   Please go to http://www.model.com and download the ModelSim PE Student Edition update.
# ** FATAL ERROR: ModelSim PE Student Edition licensing failure due to one or more problems with the license key such as:
# - it is not found
# - it has expired
# - it is not for this user
# - it is not for this computer
# - it is not for this version of ModelSim PE Student Edition.
# Please go to http://www.model.com and download an updated copy of the ModelSim PE Student Edition.
# Error loading design

Can anyone please help? I'm getting really frustrated.

kartik kailas

Apr 4, 2017, 5:44:21 AM4/4/17
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
Hi, Could you check if there exist previous licences with the same name and the new ones get names as student_license(1).dat or any such names.
Message has been deleted