Modelsim 10.4 Relaunches Itself Continuously

Charles Daniel

Oct 24, 2016, 4:59:56 AM10/24/16
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
Whenever I try to open a .v file from the project window, Modelsim launches into an infinite loop of reopening itself. Dozens of instances of Modelsim open faster than I can shut them down using the task manager. I've had to hard restart to get it to stop. Obviously, this precludes me from accomplishing anything using Modelsim. Any ideas what could be causing this?

f201...@pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in

Mar 30, 2018, 3:00:59 AM3/30/18
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
I had a similar problem. Open ModelSim (DO NOT OPEN ANY .v FILES) and close all the existing projects. Now simply open the project you want to work on and then open the .v files. It worked for me.