Model sim PE student version 10.4a

Jim Shannon

Sep 15, 2016, 12:12:26 PM9/15/16
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
I can not optimize and load the two files list first in the top of the first pic below.

Is the error related to a "key".  I filled out the request about 30 minutes ago after installing this program,,,, how long will the key take to get back to me?  I read on a post a few down from this one that related to a similar error and I understand that once I recieve the key to place it way deep down inside this program,,, I think I got that part,,,, bottom line, is the key my hold up?

Thanks in advance for some help.

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Larry

Sep 19, 2016, 3:50:45 PM9/19/16
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
Hi Jim,

Usually you get the student_license.dat file soon after filling out the form.  I would check to make sure your spam filter didn't catch the email containing the license file.  Also, it is very common for anti-virus software to block emails containing .dat files.  check to make sure that didn't happen.  Once you get the license file you need to put it in your C:\Modeltech_pe_edu_10.4a directory.

If you still can't locate the license file I'd uninstall/reinstall ModelSim so you can fill out the license form again.

Regards