ModelSim PE Student Edition - Setup not even launching on Windows 8 Pro x64

Niels Versluis

Feb 26, 2013, 8:33:06 AM2/26/13
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
When I try to install ModelSim, it extracts some files to a temporary folder and from there it runs Setup.exe .
The installer remains loaded into my PC's memory, but doesn't do anything else.

I already tried the following:
- All possible variations with compatibility mode and administrator rights.
- Extracting the setup file to desktop and running Setup.exe form there.

Hoewever, none of these attempts resulted in the setup- or spash screen even showing up.
I'm not getting any error messages either.

If anyone could help me with this, it would be most appreciated.

Larry

Feb 26, 2013, 12:50:10 PM2/26/13
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
What OS are you using?  It sounds like your anti-virus software may be blocking the install.  Try marking the install as safe or just turn off your anti-virus before the install.

Niels Versluis

Feb 26, 2013, 5:24:14 PM2/26/13
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
I'm using Windows 8 Pro x64.
I already tried installing with my antivirus diabled, but that didn't work either.

Larry

Feb 27, 2013, 1:16:59 PM2/27/13
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
Windows 8 is not supported yet so I'm not sure what might be going on here.  Windows 8 may be blocking the install in other ways.  My only suggestion is to google windows 8 and install and see if others have had problems installing other software on this OS.

Luis

Apr 11, 2013, 2:30:40 PM4/11/13
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
- ModelSim PE Student Edition applies to x86/Windows platforms only. not  x64 architecture.

Marat Goferman

Jun 21, 2013, 1:01:53 PM6/21/13
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
I too, am having the same issue, isn't there anything that can be done?

JAVED SHEIKH

Apr 24, 2014, 6:43:14 AM4/24/14
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
I am facing the problem of installing Modelsim PE student edition and other edition on windows 8.1 .  This might not support to windows 8.1. Any one knows alternative to run  Modelsim on windows 8.1.

James Sheridan

May 12, 2014, 7:52:06 PM5/12/14
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
You can always try the Synapticad Verilogger Extreme trial.

Ovie Osimiry

Sep 10, 2014, 12:57:07 PM9/10/14
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I had the same exact problem when I tried to install it but after I closed all other applications running I was able to finally install it. My Laptop is x64 and it runs windows 7 home premium.

KeerthiPriyan Sakthivel

Sep 15, 2014, 5:49:33 AM9/15/14
to Niels Versluis, modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com

Hi all

Can you guys help to get modelsim questa ?

Pls provide some link...

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Aqua

Dilantha Prasanjith

Jan 6, 2015, 9:43:01 PM1/6/15
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
actually i am using windows 8.1. but i didn't face any trouble yet. i have just installed the student edition.... I think problem may solved if you have updated windows... isn't it ?

Mehul Garg

Mar 17, 2015, 11:37:02 AM3/17/15
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
Hey what Exactly did you do?