Browser didn't open after installing Model Sim PE student edition.

blink

Aug 31, 2012, 2:01:18 AM8/31/12
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
Is there any other way by which I can get the license for the product?

Best Regards,
Blink

Mark

Sep 2, 2012, 3:37:02 PM9/2/12
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem. I'm investigating it on my own right now. Please post if you have a solution

Thanks,
Mark

Mark

Sep 2, 2012, 9:46:02 PM9/2/12
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
Hey I got it working. When you run the installer you have to explicitly tell it to run as administrator. Even if it asks for permission by default, that doesn't mean its running as administrator. Once I did that, everything worked fine. I've been able to compile and run the examples so it's up and running fine.

Thanks,
Mark

Sindre Georgsen

Sep 4, 2012, 9:37:25 AM9/4/12
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem, no browser window opened. I'll try Marks solution in a moment.

Best Regards,
Sindre (UiO, Norway)

Sindre Georgsen

Sep 4, 2012, 9:48:12 AM9/4/12
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
Nope, Marks solution didn't work. Opened the installer with "run as administrator" but still no browser window opened when installation finished. I have Opera as my default browser. I'll change to something else and try again.

Best Regards,
Sindre (UiO, Norway)

Sindre Georgsen

Sep 4, 2012, 10:09:52 AM9/4/12
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
Closed all programs, changed default browser to Internet Explorer (64 bit), ran installation as administrator. Still no browser opened. Getting tired of this. Any other suggestions?

- Sindre

Sindre Georgsen

Sep 4, 2012, 10:23:19 AM9/4/12
to modelsim-pe-s...@googlegroups.com
Changed the default browser to Firefox. Now it works fine =)

- Sindre

Tonghui Zhang

Sep 4, 2015, 6:56:49 AM9/4/15
to ModelSim PE Student Edition, sindre....@gmail.com
How did you change the settings, I changed all the browsers but still nothing happened

在 2012年9月4日星期二 UTC+2下午4:23:19,Sindre Georgsen写道:
Message has been deleted

Raghav Jindal

Mar 20, 2017, 7:15:49 AM3/20/17
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
Was anybody able to find any solution. I tried all but none of them works :(

朱国煜

Jun 11, 2017, 6:49:54 AM6/11/17
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
I installed a firefox and set it default,it runs well.Chrome and IE cannot work.

在 2012年8月31日星期五 UTC+3上午9:01:18,blink写道:

wendy.w...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2017, 10:53:30 AM10/10/17
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
This works! Explicitly run the installation as administrator and use firefox as default browser.

在 2017年6月11日星期日 UTC+8下午6:49:54,朱国煜写道: