mod_spdy as proxy

Rob Napier

Apr 14, 2014, 2:54:10 PM4/14/14
to mod-spdy...@googlegroups.com
I have a SPDY-based service and custom client that I'm trying to get together through Apache. Basically I would like to connect to Apache via SPDY and be proxied to my locally-running service. I don't really need Apache to terminate the SPDY connection itself; my service has its own certificate and can handle all the communication. I just need Apache to proxy for me so that I can have both my service and the standard HTTPS website on port 443.

To me, the most obvious way to do this is with TLS's SNI. If the SNI requests my service, then the whole stream should be forwarded to me. I haven't found a way to do this with mod_ssl, however. Can mod_spdy handle this kind of problem? Is there another way to get there?

Thanks,
-Rob