Getting apache default page when spdy is on

Julio Soares

Apr 27, 2014, 1:01:18 PM4/27/14
to mod-spdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys im trying to use spdy but when i turn spdy on when try to load my website page all i got is the apache defaul website. When i turn spdy off everything works just fine. Im using centos btw

Fernando Paulino

Jul 26, 2014, 4:23:01 PM7/26/14
to mod-spdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I installed mod_spdy using the RPM packages namely
  • mod_spdy 64-bit .rpm (CentOS/Fedora)
My server runs CentOS 6.5 and Apache 2.2.15 with a control panel (Plesk 12.0.18)
Followed install instructions:
yum install at
rpm -U mod-spdy-*.rpm

After that when I enabled mod_spdy on Plesk settings for Apache my browser shows me the Apache / Plesk default webpage instead of my website.
Manually restarting Apache doesn't help either.
As soon as I disable mod_spdy on Plesk settings for Apache all goes back to normal.
My website is a SSL only website.

I am thinking that this behavior might have something to do with the need to have a special version of mod_ssl with NPN support enabled.
Wasn't that installed too when mod_spdy was installed? I was under that impression that it was but it might not be the case.
Any hints?

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.

Funny-Cat WebShop

Jul 29, 2014, 7:19:20 AM7/29/14
to mod-spdy...@googlegroups.com
The problem is, yet still, the SSLRequireSSL on the Plesk / Apache conf files.
Comment all the SSLRequireSSL on all the conf files and md_spdy will work.

Matthew Ogborne

Sep 15, 2014, 2:54:26 AM9/15/14
to mod-spdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I had this too! See the instructions I popped together here in the parallels forums: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?317694

I hope that helps someone else as just like you Julio "WTF a Default Apache Page? What Broke!"

Matt

Aaron Shaw

Dec 9, 2014, 10:40:18 AM12/9/14
to mod-spdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Did you have to make any further changes to spdy or Apache config to get this to work properly?

Is it sufficient to copy across just the single template that needs changing?

Are the templates stored in defaults what would be used currently by plesk?

Keen to get spdy working.

Thanks

Aaron Shaw

Dec 9, 2014, 11:05:06 AM12/9/14
to mod-spdy...@googlegroups.com
Also meant to ask, is it better to use mod_fastcgi or mod_fcgid for spdy, or perhaps something altogether different?

Thanks

Aaron Shaw

Feb 4, 2015, 7:39:56 PM2/4/15
to mod-spdy...@googlegroups.com