Wordpress admin & Google PageSpeed Module

Rafael El Mago

Apr 17, 2017, 8:20:11 PM4/17/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Guys & Gals,

I believe I read that Wordpress Admin is automatically excluded from Google PageSpeed Module.

Or do I have to wildcard whitelist the Admin area.

Or what is the correct settings?

Otto van der Schaaf

Apr 18, 2017, 7:29:46 AM4/18/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
The wp admin interface is not important for your end users, so I would suggest disallowing it with a wildcard if you run into any trouble.

Otto

Joshua Marantz

Rafael El Mago

Apr 18, 2017, 6:27:22 PM4/18/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
ModPagespeedDisallow */wp-admin/*
ModPagespeedDisallow */wp-includes/*

Otto,

Any other other that we should ADD?

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 4:29:46 AM UTC-7, Otto van der Schaaf wrote:
The wp admin interface is not important for your end users, so I would suggest disallowing it with a wildcard if you run into any trouble.

Otto

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 2:20 AM Rafael El Mago <rafaelm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Guys & Gals,

I believe I read that Wordpress Admin is automatically excluded from Google PageSpeed Module.

Or do I have to wildcard whitelist the Admin area.

Or what is the correct settings?

Rafael El Mago

Apr 18, 2017, 6:29:43 PM4/18/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
@jmarantz

Looks like the PULL request is for:

ModPagespeedDisallow */wp-admin/*

Shouldn't the 'wp-includes" folder also be included?

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 5:19:42 AM UTC-7, jmarantz wrote:
Note: as of 1.12 (pull request), wp-admin is disallowed by default.
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 7:29 AM, Otto van der Schaaf <osc...@we-amp.com> wrote:
The wp admin interface is not important for your end users, so I would suggest disallowing it with a wildcard if you run into any trouble.

Otto
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 2:20 AM Rafael El Mago <rafaelm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Guys & Gals,

I believe I read that Wordpress Admin is automatically excluded from Google PageSpeed Module.

Or do I have to wildcard whitelist the Admin area.

Or what is the correct settings?

Otto van der Schaaf

Rafael El Mago

May 6, 2017, 12:38:00 AM5/6/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
@Otto van der Schaaf

Just wanted to exclude wp-includes because some of the Java in that folder is loaded by Wordpress. I normally see new features getting added to that folder and I didnt want GPS combines or minifying them. Though I might be paranoid...

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 12:29:30 AM UTC-7, Otto van der Schaaf wrote:
[...]

Rene Tetzner

Jul 2, 2017, 3:10:33 PM7/2/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Im not a developer but a business owner, I wish to have Google's PageSpeed modules for Apache installed on our website. Can you help me who could do that?
Best regards
Rene