Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Scott Buist

Mar 24, 2015, 8:58:37 PM3/24/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Hi can someone help me please i need to try and fix this issue

Should Fix:

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Your page has 7 blocking script resources and 8 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.
Remove render-blocking JavaScript:
Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:

Jeff Kaufman

Mar 25, 2015, 9:31:12 AM3/25/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
This is PageSpeed Insights saying that your pages are going to load
slowly because you have external css and js that has to be downloaded
before the browser can display the page.

Looking at your site., it doesn't seem like you have mod_pagespeed
installed? If you install it and turn on defer_javascript and
prioritize_critical_css that should help here. It's possible that
won't be enough, though, and you'd need to make some manual changes.

Scott Buist

Mar 25, 2015, 4:43:39 PM3/25/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Paul, i assume that mod_speed is a plugin?, i will have a look for it and install, i will update this post thank you again.

Joshua Marantz

Mar 25, 2015, 4:46:51 PM3/25/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
The name of the plugin that is the subject of this mailing list is mod_pagespeed.   Check http://modpagespeed.com

-Josh

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/8a3eaad1-d637-4fd9-8200-4da60c4dd26e%40googlegroups.com.

Scott Buist

Mar 25, 2015, 4:57:50 PM3/25/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul i am using W3 Total cache, so i dont think it will work for me, i checked this link out to see if it was ok to run both found that w3 is better https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-googles-mod_pagespeed-and-w3 so i am wondering what else i can do, design wise?, or anything i can do?

Joshua Marantz

Mar 25, 2015, 5:07:07 PM3/25/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Ah I remember that post.  It's quite ancient.  Both w3tc and MPS are complex products and I don't think you can characterize one as simply "better".  They have some overlapping functionality; neither covers the full functionality of the other.  I don't believe they are mutually exclusive, either.

Moreover, you are complaining about your PageSpeed Insights score with W3TC running so I guess it isn't solving all your problems :)

-Josh

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/2b87e685-4451-4acb-868e-2fbe1de9d5ee%40googlegroups.com.